Monday, April 22, 2013

Working with the Raw Food Diet

So, the Raw Food Diet lasted about one week for me before I decided that it was not something that I needed to do. I am young, active and very healthy, and don't eat any "fast" or highly processed foods, and tend to gravitate toward veggies as it is. I don't doubt that it is a great diet for people who are trying to cleanse their body, or lose weight, but for me, it wasn't worth the separation from my friends when we went out, and the struggle of finding something tasty for every meal. 
The Raw Food Diet really helped me realize how many unnecessary foods I take in on a regular basis, While on the diet, I wasn't eating any bread (which I eat very little of as it is) helping me stay away from carbs, and all the little tempting things like chocolate, cookies, cake and all those things that torture you every day, weren't an option, making it easier for me to turn them down! I have started eating cooked foods again, but continue to avoid foods with refined sugars, highly processed foods, and anything else that I know my body doesn't eat. 
One of my favorite food sayings is: "eat for your body not your mouth". I am very good about that until it comes to quantity. I eat natural, organic, local foods, but if there is food in front of me, I will eat it...even if I'm full. That is a vise of mine, but since I eat such good food, I don't need to worry too much if I overdo it a little.

~Iolani

1 comment:

  1. As vegan I understand how hard it can be, I have to bring food with me when I go out, and my family does not like to eat their pizza without cheese! I like the quote, that makes so much sense. Does my body want zillions of grams of refined sugar today? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete